Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
What you’ll do
The Digital Technical Lead will be responsible for elevating end-to-end digital platforms through disruptive thinking and innovative problem solving. You will work closely with experienced leaders who are on the forefront of leveraging innovative technologies in digital web experience management, eCommerce and mobile technologies.
- Work closely with teams across the enterprise to integrate scalable & reliable technologies
- Provide clear leadership in developing applications
- Some hands on development work will be required
- Evaluate, design, document, and establish new technical protocols for the digital Initiatives
- Provide integrated solutions and recommend innovative technologies that will enhance the current systems
- Work collaboratively with architects and analysts in maintaining roadmaps that connect business strategies to capabilities, and provide a milestone view
- Demonstrate a strong ability to learn new information and systems quickly
- Ability to work successfully in a highly matrix organization and build partnerships with peers and vendors
- Prepare specifications and reports, deliver oral presentations, and explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- University or College degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience with a Web Content Management System (some experience with Adobe CQ/AEM is preferred), with a strong understanding of tagging, analytics, segmentation, testing, personalization, and Digital Asset Management
- 2 years in an agile project management environment
- Experience with SAP Hybris would be an asset
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks