Our Mission is to impact people's lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked #9 on the 28th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital forensics software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets. Magnet Forensics has been helping examiners and investigators fight crime, protect assets, and guard national security since 2011.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We know what we do makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
What we are looking for:
A second or third year Rhetoric, Media, and Professional Communication student who will create and maintain documentation for Magnet Forensics software products. Documentation is targeted towards a forensic investigator audience. As part of the Product Management team, the Technical Writer will work closely with developers, testers, forensic examiners, and technical support reps.
- Update the Magnet AXIOM documentation set
- Write release notes for monthly product launches
- Help build out team resources, including the team wiki and style guide
- Write and review UI strings
- Work closely with Product Management and Support to prioritize work and improve documentation based on customer feedback
- Represent the team at daily standup meetings
- You are working toward a Bachelor's degree in Rhetoric, Media, and Professional Communication
- You have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- You have a basic understanding of topic-based writing (DITA)
- You have an analytical mind with a strong attention to detail
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and working well under pressure
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.