Director of Engineering - Ever
Ever is the #1 grossing independent photo and video storage app, protecting and automatically organizing over 12 billion photos and videos for our over 11 million customers across 95 countries. This massive data set and gamified user experience around tagging faces led the company to develop the most accurate facial recognition in the industry (verified by benchmark data and outside validation). In September, the company will make its facial recognition technology available to enterprise developers and is looking to grow the technical team responsible for developing facial and object recognition and growing this side of the business. For the right candidate, this will be an incredible opportunity to develop facial and object recognition models at scale and see them put to use quickly. Ever is based in San Francisco, CA and Waterloo, Canada and is backed by Khosla Ventures, SV Angel, and Felicis Ventures.
- BSc and MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ hands-on technical management experience
- Solid software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Python, Go, C++
- Strong technology leadership skills required
- Excellent customer-facing written and oral communications skills
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Experience building SDKs and APIs for enterprise
- Experience building machine learning products
If you are looking for your next adventure and want to help us revolutionize an industry, we encourage you to apply!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.