Senior .NET Developer
At Upstream Works, we provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multi-channel world of the contact center. We are growing, and we are looking for a Senior Web Developer that will be a key contributor to the overall business.
So, how do you know you’re our new Senior Web Developer? At the risk of stating the obvious, you have a technical background in web or enterprise software development. To get even further ahead, experience with call centers and software product delivery would go a long way.
More importantly, you are a trailblazer, determined to add value to a product, to leverage the talents of your co-workers, and translate customer requirements into the best products you can. You are also a detective –driven by the need to understand the complete picture. It’s not just about getting your part done; it’s about understanding all of the pieces, how they fit and work together, and how you can make it better. Beyond that, you know how to get it done, how to motivate others, and how to support your team.
We’ve been building Upstream Works steadily for the past 15 years, and we are moving full speed ahead.
Upstream Works has been built on a solid foundation of truly invested leadership. We’ve formed great business partnerships and lasting friendships; together, this creates a culture of family and fun. Why is our culture so important to us? Because work and life intersect and we believe it’s important to be happy and healthy in both! And we’re not going to sugar coat it – sometimes we work long hours. But we also work hard to make sure you get down time. And when we take time to have some fun as a company, we share that time with the families that support us day to day.
Here's how your intelligence, dedication, and drive come into play:
- You have 8+ years Software Engineering in a .Net environment including 8+years working with enterprise software.
- You are excited at the prospect of continuing to work on large scale enterprise infrastructure
- You have an excellent eye for good design and you want to actively participate in the creation of the UI aspect of our solutions.
- You are a key player. You need to be involved in the architecture and system design as a whole.
- You have a lesser known degree in user story translation. You can break down user stories and experiences into clear requirements and manageable tasks.
- You are a walking, talking, coding clock. You can provide timeline estimates and you always deliver on sprint commitments.
- Did we mention you adore working in an Agile environment and couldn’t dream of working any other way?
- You are a balanced leader with skills in the technical – code and design reviews. And the non technical – mentoring and coaching.
- You are a collaborator who loves working with a team to build great solutions. Which is super helpful given that we sit in pods; headsets off; working together on individual pieces that form incredible products
- Your motto is “Do it clean, do it right, make it compliant, make it tight.” We’ll hook you up with the Latin translation for that.
You are legally able to work in Canada
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are located at 8000 Jane St in Vaughan, near Hwy 7. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit). More information about Upstream Works is available at www.upstreamworks.com.
Interested candidates may apply by responding to this job posting only.
And who are we?
At Upstream, we eliminate the causes of headaches by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by integrating software and using analytics to improve efficiency. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry.
We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, family-friendly, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics, and a culture of making the extra effort to do what we say we will, and make sure it benefits all of us. Oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company.
At Upstream, we live and work by our culture of collaboration, delivery and respect for each other. When we hand out business cards to our friends and peers, they say: “quae dicimus faciamus” – we do what we say.