Recently recognized as a 2016 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, Upskill is the industry leader in wearable technology for the connected workforce. Our award-winning software platform, Skylight, powers wearable devices such as smart glasses, and is used by some of the largest and most recognized companies in the world. We help companies deliver their products and services more efficiently, with higher quality, and in a safer environment using our technology. We are in a brand-new industry that is transforming how hands-on work in complex manufacturing, field services, logistics and other sectors is getting done. To learn more about us, visit www.upskill.io.
Help us build and deliver next generation wearable software.
Wearable technology is revolutionizing the enterprise and with our platform, Skylight, the largest companies in the world deliver more efficiently, with higher quality, and in a safer environment.
The Skylight client runs on this new breed of wearable mobile device and communicates with our back-end services to connect the hands-on workforce with the business systems and smart environments around them. We support many different wearable devices and therein lies the challenge: how do we provide a predictable experience on many devices that delights and elevates the impact of our users in the workplace?
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We’re looking for talented software engineers to add to the team that tackles these challenges. If you’re interested in building mobile applications that run on a wide array of the latest and most exciting kinds of hardware to hit the market and you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. The candidate selected for this position will:
- Work with a team of highly skilled Android developers to implement new features in our flagship software platform, Skylight
- Develop on multiple wearable platforms like Google, Vuzix, and Recon smart glasses
- Be responsible for implementing for testability and implementing automated tests
- Provide input during the architectural design process
- Be an active participant in iterating and improving engineering processes
Successful candidates must demonstrate a passion not only for technology, but for our mission to elevate the impact of people in the connected industrial work space. All applicants must have a BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or demonstrate equivalent work experience.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- At least three years of experience developing Android applications
- Strong experience programming in Java in a mobile environment
- Experience with MVVM, Repository, Observable, and Pure Android design patterns
- Experience working with and developing Android Services
- Experience with Jackson
- Experience with real time communication mechanisms like WebSockets and MQTT
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs in a mobile client
- Experience working on a DevOps team, using Git, and automation for CI/CD
- A strong work ethic, great attitude and readiness to tackle any challenges set before him or her
Ideal candidates will build on top of that foundation and demonstrate:
- Experience having shipped multiple successful Android applications
- Experience implementing or optimizing video calling on mobile devices
- Experience implementing or optimizing voice interactions on mobile devices
- Experience developing for wearable devices such as smart glasses or smart watches