What makes a great conversation? How about a compelling sales pitch? A soothing, effective customer support call? TalkIQ uses the state of the art in machine learning, speech recognition and natural language processing to tackle these questions. We have built an enterprise speech analytics solution around our own telephony stack coupled with proprietary speech recognition and NLP. Our recommendations enable teams to improve their conversations and share insights across their organizations.
Who we are:
We're a small team of engineers, data scientists, product people, and sales experts. We're fascinated by the cutting-edge technologies we work with and by the science & craft of sales. We believe in running the right experiments, so we can find the right answers quickly.
Our team is located in Silicon Valley and Kitchener-Waterloo. Some of us are morning people, others late risers. We often work from home on Fridays.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people of a wide variety of races, nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued.
A day in the life:
We're looking for engineers who aren't afraid to handle broad aspects of backend engineering, from bare metal to data model, API to cloud management, security to VOIP. You’ll work directly with our CTO to build our infrastructure and manage the overall performance and reliability of our systems. You’ll design software to process, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale, while continually optimizing for security and speed. You will collaborate with the product engineering team to plan & implement new features. Interested in the science of conversations, data, APIs, and scaling a system that supports real-time voice transcription & analysis? Let’s talk!
Who we are:
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering. Your experience with the tools we use is nice. Your skill with lots of tools is better.
- You aren't afraid to switch between building long-term stable systems and scrappy demos when needed.
- You measure & monitor everything you build to ensure that it remains stable.
- Moving fast isn’t a problem. We move fast and break things, and then we build systems & processes so they don’t break again.
- You work well on on siloed as well as collaborative projects.
- You want to work at a startup! This means things are going to change quickly, and you’re comfortable with that.
- You’re committed to personal and professional growth both inside and outside of the workplace, through code reviews, conferences, and exploration.
- No ego, self-starter, and a team player.
- Have a desire to create change, share your voice, and help gets things done.
- Languages: Python, C++, Clojure, Clojurescript, SCSS
- Data: RDBMS, NoSQL, shared storage, ETLs, queuing systems, Pub/Sub, Message Buses
- Operations: cloud providers (i.e. GCloud, AWS, etc.), Docker, orchestration systems (Puppet, Ansible, etc.), CI/CD Systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Also: Linux, Git, and lots of VoIP
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and equity. Salary is competitive and based on experience.
- Full health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- A flexible vacation policy.
- Weekly catered lunches.
- Beautiful workspaces in the Presidio of San Francisco and in Waterloo.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
TalkIQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.