Robot Production Assistant
Position: Robot Production Assistant
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Experience: 1-3 Years relevant work experience
Education: Diploma in related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are currently selling more robots than we can build! We require a handy individual to assist our production team in testing, packaging and loading our robots.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Loading and unloading shipments
- Packaging finished goods
- Basic software installation and testing
- Cable installation
- Custom add-ons and minor robotic repairs
Additional tasks may include:
- Production area maintenance
- Production equipment maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the manager.
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied doing a job less than 100%. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- Experience working on product assembly/assembly line
- Hands-on experience with common tools, eg, screwdriver, hammer, electric drill
- Comfortable with abrupt changes to project deadlines, job responsibilities, and the local gravity field
- Experience driving a forklift
- Familiarity with Linux
Bonus points for:
- Ability to diagnose broken robots by their sounds and smells
- Soldering experience
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, Python, C, C++, etc.
- Previous experience using machining tools, in particular, a tabletop milling machine
- Hobbies that involve working with power tools, woodworking for instance.
- Electrical knowledge
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement Process
- 5S methodology
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.