We are looking for a high-performing, results-driven, Sales Executive to actively seek out and engage customers for our ground-breaking earth observation data products and services. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Office you will engage directly with the market to boost company top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
In addition to consistently surpassing sales targets you will establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships going on beyond the point of sale to contribute to a market-leading customer service experience for our clients.
Working closely with Marketing and Product Management you will seek to evolve our lead generation process into a world-class capture program and then take personal responsibility to maximize the conversion of these leads into revenue by driving customers through the sales process. This will involve presenting, promoting and selling our products/services using solid arguments to both existing and prospective customers. Included in this you will be expected to perform cost-¬benefit, ROI and needs analysis and work closely with Product management to develop a compelling proposition for the prospects you uncover.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-¬benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply Product Management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong appreciation for Value Selling Sales principles
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships and openness to feedback
- Expert user in MS Office, or equivalent (eg Google Docs)
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Independent worker with strong time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices
- A good understanding of the SaaS and DaaS service models
- Industry knowledge of remote sensing a distinct advantage
- Ability to travel internationally