Application Specialist, Field Support and Issue Triage
You are someone who likes to work with other people, to help solve problems, and to go that extra mile to deliver a great customer experience. You don’t require a lot of formal documentation to figure out how something works; just give you the product to play with and you’ll figure it out. You are able to balance priorities with minimal direction, have exceptional time management skills, and relish working in high pressure situations. You’re a problem solver who’s known as the person who always figures out how to reproduce those issues everyone else gets stuck on.
What you'll do:
- Act as the software QA liaison working with product management and development teams to investigate and triage issues reported by both internal and external users.
- Work with other QA and development team members to debug issues and find clear reproduction steps that lead to a timely resolution.
- Work with other QA team members to test software as part of a release cycle and help coordinate deployment of new versions to our users.
- Stay in touch with development efforts and new features to help communicate changes to other teams and to the field.
- Communicate directly with beta testers to debug and resolve issues.
- Contribute to our knowledge base for external customers by preparing FAQ’s and other documentation as needed.
What you need:
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Experience in a similar role or relevant experience working with beta customers in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience as part of a software QA or 3rd-tier customer support team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a genuine commitment to customer success
Bonus points for:
- Experience scripting in a common language.
- Experience managing a previous beta program for a new product launch.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.