- Intermediate Developer, Quality Framework and Automation
- Job Function
- Engineering, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
Intermediate Developer, Quality Framework and Automation
PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a fertile environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Intermediate Software Engineer in Test works directly within an Agile development team to facilitate quick, robust and effective agile and automated testing. Whether its building out test harnesses, helping to create unit or integration tests, providing recommendations on developing for testability, creating a suite of parallelized Selenium tests, or spreading your knowledge of testing technologies and approaches, your goal is to be test automation champion in your team. We’re looking for forward-minded individuals to contribute to our robust automation framework, and help build up our test portfolio to ensure we continuously keep an eye on our quality.
- Work collaboratively with own team, product owner, development manager and other teams throughout all development processes.
- Work closely with other test automation experts to constantly track, maintain and add to our automated test portfolio.
- Participate in organizing, planning, developing and executing tests for release regression testing
- Ensure on-time quality delivery of the automated test cases as per plan
- Maintain an expertise in agile testing and test automation, and evangelize effective approaches and tools to the team.
- Contribute to the overall quality organization by providing timely feedback and recommendations on tools and processes.
- Be a fully active participant in Agile ceremonies
- Build and maintain familiarity with the product and the technologies used to deliver it as a base for understanding how to test those technologies and products
- Minimum two years experience developing/coding using Java.
- Minimum one year experience utilizing Java, Selenium, REST/API testing technologies, SVN/Git.
- Experience creating automated tests at the unit, integration, service or UI layers.
- Experience in web service and backend testing.
- Displaying an understanding of coding and OO principles.
- Displaying an appreciation for quality oriented coding practices.
- Experience in Agile development / testing methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred