Development Team Lead
PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a fertile environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Team Lead will be responsible for managing a team of developers and QA resources through the analysis, design and implementation of software applications using agile software development methodologies. The Team Lead will play a hands-on role to develop quality applications within the desired timeframes. The Team Lead will also be responsible for managing analysis, design and prototyping activities; driving application development through agile software development methodologies; managing a team of developers; developing an effective team and an optimal organizational structure; and representing PointClickCare within the industry.
- Contributes to the technical design for development projects by reviewing and understanding the high level functional specifications; collaborating with core services and Development Manager to define the technical design; creating detailed technical specifications; and creating high level work breakdowns and estimates
- Serves as an internal technical resource by communicating departmental and project strategies to team members
- Drives application development through Agile software development methodologies
- Participates in coding activities and develops solutions using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) to create maintainable and extensible software
- Meets with the product specialist to gain an understanding of any coding related maintenance issues discovered and designs a solution for the issue in accordance to the desired application behavior
- Maintains documentation according to content and timing standards by utilizing the source control system
- Supervises development team by assigning development tasks; ensuring all team members have a sufficient workload; mentoring; encouraging best practices; and keeping the Development Manager apprised of team member performance
- Represents PointClickCare by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of PointClickCare products, industry and technical trends, and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience with at least 5 years of Java experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a development manager or team lead
- Minimum 1 year utilizing Agile development methodologies (or similar)
- 5+ years of data modeling and stored procedures development
- 5+ years utilizing SQL (e.g., writing queries)
- Utilizing the following technologies/toolsets/applications:
- Java Web Applications, Servlets, Servlet Filters, JSP, JSTL, JDBC.
- Jasper Server
- Spring Framework 2.x or higher, including Spring MVC
- Tomcat 6.x or higher, or SpringSource tc server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Eclipse or SpringSource Tool Suite (STS)
- Subversion (SVN) version control system
- Web service platforms nice to have
- Some BI, Analytics and Reporting experience preferred
- Demonstrating troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Collaborating with multiple internal teams and management
- Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.