Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers optimize yield and revenue operations team. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
Sortable needs visionary product leaders who will help us decide what to build, how much to build, and how soon to build it. You’ll be capable of getting up to speed quickly on the content publishing and digital advertising landscape and are passionate about building a credible and brilliant product strategy around market trends, customer needs and immediate business opportunities. At the same time you will lead and grow a team of fantastic technical product managers who will translate the strategy into the best product on the market
At this point, your ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines will emerge as a key strength. Product management is an inherently cross-functional role, so your strong communication skills will be used every day. You will help to shape and define the role of product owner carried out by our Technical Product Managers, being prepared to take on the role, temporarily, if the need arises. You should have a strong knack for UX, unit economics, strategic positioning, product marketing, technology, market trends and stakeholder alignment.
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to launch
- Analyze the competitive landscape to identify new product ideas
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, sales, demand, customer success and the executive team
- Lead our team of technical product managers, evaluate their performance, be a mentor, and help with career development.
- Improve product management processes, introduce new process where required, and be an advocate for using these processes
- Surface partially formed product ideas from a variety of internal and external sources and explore the most promising ones
- Unblock decisions by applying data from your market research to navigate the best path forward
- Monitor the execution of the project and provide progress updates as needed to stakeholders
- Liaise with external vendors or advertisers regularly
- As a temporary product owner you will translate high-level business objectives into epics and user stories that the engineering teams can bring to life
Requirements/What it takes
- Alarming comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to dive into the details of the day-to-day work of the entire company if it will help us deliver the best product
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while continuing to make progress on all of them
- Strong understanding of how an opportunity translates into an MVP and how an MVP gets operationalized into a revenue driving full scale roll out we can invest in
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; you’re at home in Excel and can back up your opinions with easily understood analyses
- Care about design, UX and quality
- Awareness of and comfortable discussing technical effort and time-to-market tradeoffs with the engineering team
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results across multiple years
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years in a product management role
- 1+ years leading a product team or equivalent experience
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Experience in ad operations from both the buy and sell sides
- Past experience with the digital advertising ecosystem (display ads, video ads, native ads, mobile app ads, PPC ads)
- Certified Product Owner
- Confident using JIRA in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- 2+ years as a people manager
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Three weeks vacation time for unplugged R&R
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.