Technical Solutions Specialist
If you are an analytical, service-focused, resourceful problem solver, and are interested in obtaining a deep understanding of how large-scale websites make money, you should consider joining Sortable as a Technical Solutions Specialist. Our Customer Success team is the link between our Sales, Demand, and Engineering teams. Few roles at Sortable have more opportunity to impact our revenue and company growth than those in Customer Success. This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn in-depth about a variety of tools and technologies, the world of online advertising, and what it’s like to be part of a fast growing startup.
Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers optimize yield and unify publishing operations teams. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
- Analyze customer and Sales Team concerns regarding website advertising performance
- Work closely with Sales Team and Technical Program Manager to ensure publisher’s ultimate satisfaction
- Dig into the backend of websites to track down bugs and conflicts
- Verify performance issues, analyze data, isolate problems, and resolve issues where possible
- Support the Sales Team by helping find answers to technical pre-sales questions
- Work with the Engineering team to test and rollout new features
- Escalate well-researched, actionable bug reports to the Engineering team when necessary
- Suggest product features and improvements
- Create and maintain documentation related to ad operations
Requirements/What it takes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Love of web technology and the drive to learn new things
- Knowledgeable about HTTP and common Web infrastructure (servers, proxies, etc.)
- Experience writing SQL queries and data analysis
- Ability to generalize and look for root causes while also finding timely workarounds for customers
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Hands-on programming experience
- Have run your own website
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Experience in the world of online advertising
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
How to Apply
We ask that everyone who applies for a job at Sortable complete a take home project. It lets you show off your problem solving skills, and gives you an idea of what type of work you’d be facing everyday at Sortable. It also shows us that you are interested in working at Sortable (and not just including us in your resume bomb).
There is an Easter egg on http://snapsort.com (on the home page). Find it and send us the answer!
Apply with the completed take home project, your cover letter, resume, and any other documents you think would help us with our decision.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.