Senior PCB Designer
At Swift Labs we design hardware products for various customers and various industries. We specialize in IOT and wireless products. Each product brings new challenges and opportunities to research and expand our design skills.
As a member of the Swift Labs’ engineering team, you will work in a highly interactive and experienced team. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced start-up like environment and who wants to invent the future.
To be successful you need to be highly motivated, understand how to solve problems and dive deep, while delivering to the highest standards. You must have an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments. Your success will leverage your ability to multi-task, to work effectively cross functionally, and to drive projects to closure within specified timelines.
You will demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills, show attention to details, be able to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
As a PCB Designer, you will be responsible for designing high-density printed circuit boards for prototypes and products. You will collaborate with hardware designers and the NPI team in the design and development of complex, detailed layouts of rigid and flexible printed circuit boards throughout the full product development life-cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Support all phases of PCB design, including part symbol and footprint creation, PCB outline and stack-up setup, schematic capture, component placement, layout, power and signal routing, generation of Gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required.
- Provide project estimates and execute within project deadlines.
- Interface with board fabrication vendor to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets.
- Work with mechanical designers in dimensioning PCB and designing features for mounting it in the enclosures.
- Take into consideration dissipation of power to achieve the thermal constraints in the enclosure.
- Prepare and review PCB Bills of Materials, identify and specify appropriate component manufacturers, and work with NPI team in determining and reducing BOM cost.
- Reviews drawings and component specifications against design inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Develop original PCB designs and modifications to ensure product quality and facilitate manufacturability and production transfer.
- Create standard work documents for either test or assembly production.
- Resolve PCB design issues with fabrication and manufacturing vendors.
- Understands the requirements for a quality design and strives to achieve the requirements before releasing the product to manufacturing.
- Mentor PCB designers in specialized areas of PCB design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of rigid and flexible Printed Circuit Board design experience.
- Experienced with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology.
- Familiarity with all phases of PCB development including: schematic entry, manually generated constraints, requirements of the constraints and board layout.
- Board layout experience in multi-layer PCB and flex circuit designs, co-planar wave guides, high-speed differential and single ended impedance controlled signal routing, transmission lines, microstrip and stripline routing, power planes design, BGA routing with pin pitch as small as 0.5mm, blind and buried via's.
- Must have a good understanding of stubs, reflections, crosstalk, switching noise.
- Experience with manufacturer and factory interaction for documentation and offer definition suitable to produce PCBA and FPCA.
- Experience in generating fabrication and assembly drawings along with generating panel array drawings.
- Experience in interaction among other design areas like mechanical, electrical, firmware and testing.
- Experience in RF and high-speed digital electronics design and verification.
- Knowledge of rigid flex design and manufacturing technologies is an asset.