Senior Software Developer
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Software Development Manager
About US: LifeLearn Inc (www.lifelearn.com) is one of Canada’s leading providers of education resources for both veterinary teams and pet owners. We create online marketing tools to enhance a clinic’s business and customized sales, marketing and training solutions for animal health organizations.
About You: Your passion is coding and you love to solve problems, being actively engaged in the design process of all your projects. You understand what well-designed, clean and reliable code looks like and you take pride in being a technical expert in your area. You will combine all of this to mentor a small team of developers, helping our products to achieve new heights.
- Architecture and development of performant technical solutions to meet business requirements across multiple product lines.
- Collaborate and work closely with several other business areas to ensure solutions matches business needs.
- Manage estimates and delivery schedules of assigned work.
- Document all solutions and maintain ongoing development plan and production schedule.
- Complete server-side and client-side development work as required.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Fix defects and add features to software.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
- Investigation and problem solving with minimal guidance.
- Support maintenance windows and releases.
- Responsible to mentor and coach junior developers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or college study in Computer Science/Software Programming, or proven experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years working with PHP
- 3+ years of MySQL/MariaDB experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Laravel and Zend framework would be an asset
- A familiarity with Docker
Accommodation Requirements. LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.