Buyer (NPI & MRO) – 14 Month Contract
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
As we continue to grow, our Sourcing and Purchasing team is working to deliver quality components and materials to the Operations organization. To help enable our continued high quality and cost efficiency, we are seeking a Buyer (NPI & MRO) – 14 Month Contract to join our organization and work to deliver purchasing support to both internal and production stakeholders.
About the Position
As part of the Operations team, the Buyer (NPI & MRO) – 14 Month Contract will have a direct impact in the quality, development of our products - ultimately for our customers. All roles at Aeryon require great teamwork, and a passion for getting things done, the right way. We work smart and hard by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders.
As a Buyer (NPI & MRO) – 14 Month Contract you will:
- Be responsible for planning orders, making the purchases, and negotiating contracts with suppliers. This also includes ensuring the supply of raw materials with urgency and under deadlines driven by engineering requirements and development schedules
- Make purchases and follow up with suppliers for delivery, and expedite as required
- Follow up with vendors and Accounts Payable regarding invoice and payment discrepancies
- Continually be looking for cost savings, either through the development of new suppliers or negotiating with existing suppliers
- Participate in any of the operating system improvement process (planning, inventory and other)
- Ensure that purchased products meet the requirements of Aeryon and environmental guidelines
- Continuously work with the team and the broader organization including sales, engineering, IT, facilities and production
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What you bring
- 2-5 years of Buying experience in advanced manufacturing, assembly environments, preferably in a technology organization
- BA, College Diploma in Purchasing, Supply Chain or a mix of equivalent experience and education
- Demonstrated experience in working with autonomy, leadership, and ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent ability in negotiation and resolution of issues
- Knowledge of technology, electronic componentry, as well as purchasing experience in both manufacturing and internal requirements (MRO, IT, Facilities, Office)
- Familiar with ERP manufacturing systems and MRP
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Engineering and Tooling processes
- Experience with NPI and Production ramp up processes
**If you are interested in applying, please apply via www.aeryon.com/careers in order to be considered** *
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please call (519) 489-6726