- Business Information Analyst
- Ontario Government - Ministry of Agriculture, food and Rural Affairs
- $1,232.83 - $1,572.05 per week
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
Business Information Analyst
Do you excel in the extraction, manipulation and reporting of program data? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and manage the databases and information management tools supporting our branch transfer payment programs and projects.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• identify technical problems and issues related to the branch information management systems and tools
• perform over-the-phone troubleshooting with external clients experiencing technical difficulties with client-facing applications
• administer business functions for databases and information management systems to maintain and modify information, while maintaining data integrity for program information
• maintain process-related diagrams/documentation, business rules, system-related manuals/documents, and standard operating procedures
How do I qualify?
Analytical and problem solving skills:
• You have analytical skills to identify technical systems issues and any associated risks to business operations.
• You have troubleshooting skills to resolve user issues with client-facing applications.
• You have problem solving skills to develop logical and feasible options and recommendations for senior decision-makers.
Information and data management skills:
• You are proficient with current relationship management and/or business intelligence platforms, technologies and tools (e.g. Siebel, SharePoint, etc.).
• You have knowledge of data standards and best practices related to data integrity.
• You have data management skills to extract, manipulate, analyze and interpret large volumes of complex data to develop reports to inform evidence-based decision-making.
• You have knowledge of legislation and policies related to the retention and distribution of information.
Other important skills:
• You have consultation, negotiation and collaboration skills to work with multiple clients with competing interests.
• You have technical writing skills to develop and maintain system manuals, standard operating practices, etc.
• You have oral communication skills to explain technical concepts and issues in non-technical terms.
Salary Range: $1,232.83 - $1,572.05 per week
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W., Guelph, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, September 28, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111929 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.