Quality Assurance Engineer
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual environment that challenges you to deliver the best and most impactful experience to everyone you encounter. You care intensely about delivering results.
- Automate end to end system and functional tests using Python
- Work involves investigation throughout the software stack, including client and server side components
- Work in a small, collaborative team on our state-of-the-art video technology to solve challenging problems related to performance, scale and capacity of automation efforts
- Key attributes include understanding architectural diagrams, review end-to-end technical workflows and utilize the information to create quality solutions
- React quickly and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment
- Develop and execute tests to simulate customer use case functionality as well as simulate stress and error conditions
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and testing tools
- Strong knowledge of software QA metrics, process performance/capability baseline and statistical techniques
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure a project is delivered on time and within budget
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- 2+ years experience with automated software testing tools and scripting languages (Python, Selenium, etc…)
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Be passionate about developing high quality, robust software
- University diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exposure to real-time data processing
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg, LAV
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub