At Bidvine we’re tackling a huge problem: trying to make hiring trusted local service professionals ridiculously easy. The path to this goal is littered with startups and invested capital.
For us though, so far, so good. We launched in early 2015 and have seen great growth numbers, but we’re just getting started. We need you to help us keep building and growing.
If you want to help build something massive, growing your career in lock-step with the business, then visit www.bidvine.com to see if you’re excited about what we’re doing.
(You’ll see that we are live in the UK right now, build we build our tech here in K-W.)
We are looking for you if you are a smart, curious and experienced Lead Developer.
At Bidvine you will:
The Lead Developer will be responsible for designing and building the mobile applications within Carnegie’s product portfolio. From voice and messaging through connection management and Internet of Things, you’ll be management the development of a whole family of applications across Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
- Coding our web apps in Node.js and Ember.js
- Code-reviewing others to ensure we maintain a high standard of quality
- Working with Product Owners on architecture, requirements, design, and coordinating development activities
- Mentoring other developers to help them achieve and grow
- Develop a highly scalable and well-tested system that runs the backbone of Bidvine.
- Work across the platform doing development, solving challenges, presenting options, and making decisions.
- Feel good knowing that we are solving real challenges and build a product that fundamentally changes how people engage with their local community.
- Curiosity & smarts. You’ll need to prove it.
- Professional experience in Node.js and/or Ember.js and/or React.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience working with scalable systems that are used by a high volume of users.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Computer science/software engineering degree or diploma, or the equivalent personal education plan
- You are comfortable programming full-stack applications.
- Tech startup experience or at least the tolerance for uncertainty to take the plunge.
Nice to have:
- Marketplaces, messaging or e-commerce experience.
You will receive:
- Competitive compensation.
- Stock options.
- Robust health benefits.
- Weekly french toast meetings.
- The odd doughnut or muffin.