AceAge Inc. is a healthcare technology company, creating beautiful and intuitive products to ease the aging process. Our first product is Karie, a home health appliance to make medication management as simple as possible: https://youtu.be/JIgT011LKSM .
As a startup, we can guarantee things will move fast, change often, and that you will have a meaningful impact on what we build. We are located at the Accelerator Centre, which is filled with the energy and excitement that comes from startups working in the same space. By joining AceAge, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting, unique engineering challenges using modern development technologies with the goal of improving patient health and outcomes.
We’re looking for an experienced software developer who is well versed in designing and building scalable web services and solving complex, distributed systems problems.
- Design and build distributed systems
- Scale cloud services with our user base
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and building web applications, web services, or developing large software systems
- Solid understanding of design and architecture principles and practices
- Proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- A drive and curiosity for continuous learning
- Strong understanding of security best practices for web applications and services
- Experience building software involving personal health information, or in regulated environments
- Experience with technology in our current stack: node.js, Android, iOS
- Experience with relational database design and performance optimization
- Bonus points for experience for contributing to or working with the AOSP
AceAge is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada. All offers are contingent on a successful background check.