AceAge Inc. is a healthcare technology company, creating beautiful and intuitive products to ease the aging process. Our first product is Karie, a home health appliance to make medication management as simple as possible: https://youtu.be/JIgT011LKSM .
As a startup, we can guarantee things will move fast, change often, and that you will have a meaningful impact on what we build. We are located at the Accelerator Centre, which is filled with the energy and excitement that comes from startups working in the same space. By joining AceAge, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting, unique engineering challenges using modern development technologies with the goal of improving patient health and outcomes.
We’re looking for a mobile developer with experience designing and building mobile apps for Android, and working with the Android Open Source Platform (AOSP).
- Contribute to app requirements and translate into a design.
- Work with the AOSP to build a custom Android image.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 to ∞ years of software development experience.
- 2 to ∞ years of experience designing and building Android apps.
- Have worked on at least one app that is published 0n Google Play.
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK, Android Studio, and popular 3rd party libraries.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Compiling, building, and working with the Android operating system (AOSP).
- Strong understanding of networking, and security.
- Developing software with our current stack: node.js, Android, iOS, relational databases.
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Building software involving personal health information, or for other regulated environments.
AceAge is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada. All offers are contingent on a successful background check.