Position: Software Infrastructure Developer (Fleet Manager)
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1 - 3 years
Education: Post-secondary in Computer Systems Technology, Software development or related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world’s dullest, dirtiest, and deadliest jobs. Do you think you got what it takes?
About the Job
We believe in providing our clients with complete solutions revolutionizing manufacture and warehousing. Clearpath provides system software that allows its customers to direct and monitor their fleet of robots without having to worry about the details. We're looking for a Software Infrastructure Developer to create and maintain mechanisms to install, upgrade, configure, monitor and maintain our fleet manager software as simply and efficiently as possible.
You will be working in a team responsible for design, integration, and evolution of Clearpath's fleet management and related system software. Your goal is to help build a system of robust, efficient, software that can be deployed or upgraded by hundreds of integrator partners across the globe with the minimum of fuss.
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Your software is reliable, to the point where you'd be comfortable sealing it in a box and sending it halfway around the world. You understand networking, Linux hosted applications and the value of a good development test case. You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day.
- 1-3+ years experience working within IT or Software development related role(s)
- Linux (Ubuntu / Debian preferred exposure)
- Object oriented programming experience with C++, Python, or similar
- Familiarity with bash or other shell scripting languages
- SCM experience (git, Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.)
- Relational Database (SQL) administration and/or integration experience
- Experience configuring or deploying web based applications using Debian packages or pip
- Remote server management and deployment exposure (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Python development background, with frameworks / platforms utilizing SQL Databases (Django, Flask, etc.)
- Development experience with SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL/Miranda, etc.)
- Experience with Build or Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, etc.)
- ROS software development experience
- Experience with CMake, make or other software build solutions
- Experience with ticket and content management systems (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.