Senior QA Engineer
- Process advocate with an acute attention to detail and desire to continually improve the testing process.
- Assume ownership and drive accountability throughout the team for QA results.
- Use assigned corporate tools to design, create, maintain and execute test artifacts (test environments, test cases/scripts, test plans) using appropriate rigor to ensure exhaustive testing of assigned applications/modules.
- Collaborate with others (team or other stakeholders) to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention, usability and functional enhancements throughout the development process. Drive for expedient delivery of high quality results.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences through cohesive demos, status reports, training sessions and other verbal or written formats.
- Independently discover and validate issues encountered during testing. Actively seek out new troubleshooting tools and techniques, and drive for continuous improvement of troubleshooting expertise across the QA Team. Lead team by example in pursuit of technical advancement.
- Assume ownership, for self and team, to build subject matter expertise across individual applications/workflows and across integrated solutions to improve quality of testing relative to business context and user experience. Lead efforts for continual education toward depth of product knowledge and expertise to drive quality.
- Drive self and others to follow established QA processes and actively seek process improvement opportunities to raise quality of test deliverables.
- Skilled in test automation, with proven ability to design and create automated test scripts utilizing tools such as Selenium WebDriver and coding languages such as Java.
- Active participant and technical leader in all grooming, planning and other scrum ceremonies, mentoring and driving QA in a thoughtful manner to achieve best test results. Drive appropriate risk analysis/test planning and monitor execution of work to ensure a quality deliverables.
- Provide thought leadership and drive efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable Agile and QA test processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Develop and drive a high-level QA strategy and methodology, including continual improvement, detail orientation and Agile methodologies.
- Plan, organize, and monitor work assignments for QA team.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6-10 years of hands on QA experience in FS, 5 years in senior role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and problem resolution
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- Results-driven with appropriate sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to understand technical concepts
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Skilled in QA methodologies, including agile and exploratory test methodologies, as well as test automation
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or experienced tester within Agile software development
- High degree of proficiency with common development and test management tools, including SQL Server, SOAP UI, REST API, Selenium, Java, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)