The Network Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for overseeing the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of network infrastructure at RDM Corporation. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include planning, installing, configuring, optimizing, securing, and documenting all network hardware, software, and communication systems. The Network Infrastructure Administrator is expected to interface with peers in the IT, Operations, and Development departments as well as with the business units to share the corporate IT vision and to solicit involvement in achieving higher levels of network capability through information sharing and co-operation. The successful candidate will oversee the expansion of RDM Corporation’s network and maintain an enterprise best practice through policy, procedure, architecture, and training processes. Other tasks will include the selection of appropriate network solutions, and implementation of industry hardening guides. The role reports directly into the Senior Director, Security and Information Technology.
-Has a complete understanding of business complexities, problems or opportunities and applies proficient knowledge, skills, and experiences to successfully navigate to an acceptable solution/outcome.
-Under general direction, identifies team level challenges and recommends solutions. Solves moderately difficult business problems through both effective use of financial and technology management.
-Has the courage to explore new or improved capabilities. Accepts feedback from supervisors and peers and learns from failures. Expresses thoughts and opinions in a productive manner about improvements at the department level. Instills confidence in junior members of the team.
-Effectively interacts with peers, teams, business partners, and management to influence and drive business decisions. Utilizes proper latitude and autonomy.
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- 3-6 years of experience with enterprise infrastruction, administration, and solution deployment and integration
- Experience deploying and managing LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and ASA devices
- Experience with F5 load-balancing and security devices
- Experience working with IDS/IPS/DDOS mitigation technologies
- Proficient in network protocols like TCP/UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, BGP, MPLS, DNS, IPsec, and SNMP
- Experience in supporting Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Experience designing, deploying, and configuring monitoring and reporting systems
- Working knowledge of a Linux/Windows Server-based infrastructure
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment