Software QA Analyst
Unitron is built on strong, personal relationships with hearing care professionals and products that make a real difference in the lives of people with hearing loss. Unitron has a proven track record of developing technological innovations that provide natural sound with exceptional speech understanding, and a relentless drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
It’s a great thing to work in a company that cares deeply about its people, and where the products we create make a real difference in people’s lives. It’s also a great thing to be a part of a culture that thrives on making the unexpected happen, and where team members’ work together to go the extra mile for customers.
We’re a company that believes in lifelong learning and in the development of our people. By investing in training, we enhance the skills of our people, build confidence, and up our competitive advantage in the hearing healthcare industry.
In this role you will be responsible for testing software, analyzing software defects and quality for hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support. Provides training and technical support for both internal and external customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing all aspects of verification, including functional, exploratory, structural, regression, load and performance testing
- Providing technical support and knowledge transfer in specialized areas of Software and testing to QA team members
- Continuing to expand technical knowledge and professional development
- Hunting for bugs in the software, investigating problems, finding their root cause, and clearly documenting findings into the defect tracking system
- Testing fixed bugs to determine if they are valid and complete
- Taking a planned and self-directed exploratory approach to testing
- Validating crucial design decisions and trying to find flaws with them
- Communicating status, findings, and progress on a regular basis
- Working closely with the Software QA Manager and team members to ensure that timelines for software/system deliverables are achieved.
- Performing other job related duties as required by the Manager.
The experience you bring:
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can work both independently and in cross-functional and cultural teams. You have an undergrad in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, a strong understanding of programming and scripting languages and have previous experience with Application Software testing.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Unitron is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
Unitron’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.