Senior Automation Java Test Engineer - NetSuite HCM GBU
Title: Senior Automation Java Test Engineer - NetSuite HCM GBU
Location: Waterloo Canada or willing to relocate
Why is the Payroll team a good team to join?
For anyone who is looking to contribute to the growing automation framework (Java and JUnit) as well as understand Quality and provide input at every level of the SDLC, this is a good time to be part of this team.
Our automation framework is in the works as well as we are looking for someone who can start contributing by adding automation tests for Sanity and Regression automation suites. The team is also undergoing changes with respect to adapting and incorporating Agile values. For anyone who either has experience with Agile or new to it, the team will be a good point to have new processes added and streamlined.
Our product currently sits on 2 stacks and we are implementing Continuous integration, TC is one of the interesting and challenging issues we are in the process of solving.
If you want to be involved in everything Quality – right from processes, to automation, or to new feature testing, this is the perfect time to join the Payroll team and make an impact to our Software Quality, Agile team an your career.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test to grow our Human Capital Management (HCM) teams in Waterloo. We are building engaging, beautiful software that delivers positive experiences to every employee in the company, and delivers vital HR data and intelligence to the business.
- Do you feel a surge of adrenaline from Tracking and Triaging in a fast-paced team environment?
- Do you have a nose for hidden clues like Sherlock Holmes?
- Are you flexible, proactive, adaptive and inventive?
- Can you sniff out bugs like a starving lizard?
- Do you take your work seriously but never take yourself seriously?
- Do you want an opportunity to be a key part of something great?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then an opportunity on our Software Test Development team may be a perfect fit!
Your day to day your responsibilities will include:
- Getting down and dirty designing, developing and delivering automated and manual functional/integration test cases for the Web and mobile application.
- Contributing towards the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirement analysis to acceptance testing.
- Actively participating in agile meetings with product management, design and engineering.
- Ensuring comprehensive test coverage of test suites.
- Reporting bugs in a clear and concise manner and be prepared to support the team in trouble-shooting the root cause.
- Hands-on experience with object oriented programming (Java is preferred)
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and DOM.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience testing SaaS based products.
- Experience with Financial Systems.
- Previous experience working in an Agile development Environment.
Interested candidates should send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).