- Application Operations and DevOps Engineer
- NCR Canada Ltd.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
NCR Corporation is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Application Operations and DevOps Engineer
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
We are looking to grow our Application Operations team with the addition of a junior, mid-level, and Senior Application Operations and DevOps Engineer.
In this role you will join the team of engineers who are involved in the DevOps function which extends into Operations Monitoring and Support of Applications in our SaaS Environment.
Depending on your experience level you can expect to be involved in:
- Collaborate with developers to design, implement, evolve and support applications in our secure and highly-available, multi-tenant platform.
- We take pride in the continuous delivery of high-quality, scalable and maintainable applications and infrastructure.
- Bridge and Own the union between development, quality, security and operations.
- Own systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production.
- Be passionate about the security, quality and uptime of the systems that power our platform’s infrastructure, as well as all aspects of configuration management and automation – from the code repos though deployment, to production uptime.
- DevOps Blueprint/Cookbook Design, creation and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining / patching servers supporting SaaS products. This includes Windows Servers, Linux Servers running in in-house Datacenters and/or using cloud PaaS providers (AWS, Azure)
- Perform application upgrades for multiple NCR SaaS products.
- Help develop standards, procedures and guides for managing servers and applications for security and high availability applications running in PaaS environments.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Participate in Disaster recovery planning and execution
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Work with a geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications
- Ownership in the DevOps practice
The ideal Junior/Mid-Level Candidate will have experience in the following:
- Linux / Windows System Administration
- System Administration
- Server installation/deployment
- System health troubleshooting
- System troubleshooting (e.g. Event log analysis, server log analysis, etc)
- Has good ability in analyzing, troubleshooting, & resolving basic network service connectivity issues (DNS, DHCP, firewall, etc).
- Using basic tools e.g. ping/telnet/tracert/nslookup
The ideal Senior-Level Candidate will have experience in the following:
- 7+ years deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 5+ years administering Linux (esp. Ubuntu), including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 3+ years with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 2+ years with AWS
- 2+ years with VMWare vCloud or vRealize Automation
- 1+ years with Docker, Kubernetes and early versions of OpenShift
- Experience architecting, reviewing, and supporting complex, highly-available infrastructure
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Fabric and Ansible (or Puppet, Chef, or related technology)
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing application servers (nginx, apache, Postgres, Redis
Additionally, you may have experience in the following:
- Experience in using secured remote access tools (e.g. RDP, SSH/PuTTY) in managing Windows or Linux servers remotely
- Expertise in deploying Application Server such as JBoss, Wildfly, or IIS in multi-tier architecture. Experience with deployment tools such as Chef is mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with SQL and Horton Dataworks database technologies
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies & AWS CloudWatch
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment
- Experience in Java application troubleshooting tools (AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc)
- Experience with IT Frameworks (COBIT / ITIL / PCI Data Center Requirements etc)
- Experience with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION:
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global tech company that changes how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. Our software, hardware, and services enable over a half billion transactions daily. Headquartered in Atlanta, we are leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. ncr.com
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.