We are seeking an I.S. Security Analyst to join our innovative Information Services team. The candidate will report to the Director of IS Operations, and will assist in maintaining our strong cybersecurity posture. He or she will help with the development of new policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance to industry standards. They will experience the power of a results driven culture that encourages and supports development and growth. Your work will have a lasting impact on the company and our customers while you grow your career with Gore Mutual Insurance.
Why join our team?
- Our culture is innovative, collaborative, and results driven.
- Professional development and growth opportunities abound, including assistance in attaining professional accreditations.
- Our compensation is always competitive and includes a flexible benefit plan, pension matching and a top notch bonus incentive.
- We’ve got great perks like casual dress, an in-house gym and a 50% discount on home and auto insurance.
- Support the maintenance of our Security Program and help ensure compliance with industry standards such as NIST.
- Contribute to compliance activities including identifying and reporting on status or progress.
- Assist in the creation of enterprise documents such as policies, standards, guidelines and security presentations.
- Participate in security audits, compiling evidence and tracking gap closure progress.
- Perform incident tracking including review and analysis of security events.
- Maintain a security dashboard and provide health check and status reports.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cybersecurity, Risk Management or Audits.
- University degree or college diploma with an emphasis in Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence staff and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of standard security technologies & tools (such as firewalls, IDS & anti-virus) is an asset.
- Is currently pursuing, or interested in attaining, a recognized security certification such as; CISSP, CISA or CISM.
Please note: this position has the flexibility to allow scheduled work from home days.