CopperTree Solutions Inc., a Managed IT Service Provider serving Waterloo and surrounding areas, is currently seeking a full-time Technical Support Technician to act as our primary Ticket Killer, making our clients technical support problems disappear.
This is not your typical helpdesk position. Our focus on pro-active services takes care of many of the tier 1 problems other help desks commonly face. The individual we’re looking for can work independently, be responsible for all levels of support, will face new challenges on a daily basis and has the opportunity to take ownership for the success of CopperTree’s reactive services.
At CopperTree, we believe strongly in living and breathing our values.
There’s a spirit of adventure here – we are risk takers. We’re a highly progressive and growing organization and don’t believe in standing still. You’ll discover that you have lots of freedom here, freedom to create and innovate. We are not the biggest company in our industry, but we are a leader, and are known for our consistency of approach. Most importantly, while you’re working with CopperTree, it’s vital to us that you enjoy your career journey.
As a result of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to solve our clients’ technology challenges. This role consists of being a leader in CopperTree’s help desk team, looking beyond the surface of problems and demonstrating that finding solutions is a part of who you are.
This individual will maintain a positive attitude and friendly demeanor while communicating with CopperTree’s end users when they need help the most.
- Supporting our clients by working all tiers of reactive tickets in CopperTree's Help Desk.
- Triaging and responding to calls and emails from users and tickets generated by our monitoring software.
- Following and helping to evolve CopperTree's best practices.
- Utilizing our advanced documentation system to facilitate closing tickets and record keeping.
- Minimizing client impact, downtime and frustration.
- Always keeping security in mind and having discussions with client decision makers about change requests.
- Engaging with 3rd party vendors to delve deeper into uncovering solutions.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving clients with unique hardware and software requirements.
- Shared duties with all departments within CopperTree Solutions Inc. such as (bonused) rotating on-call shifts and overtime as necessary.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a positive attitude and a “never give up” mentality.
- Strong desire to provide valued service to the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process driven with focus on goals.
- Ability to schedule yourself, work independently and discover solutions for unusual and difficult problems.
- Assisting other staff to find solutions before escalations take place.
- Strong capability to operate in the modern IT landscape with a proven track record utilizing a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Workstations and servers, Windows domains, email systems such as Exchange and Office 365, networking and firewall infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization (Hyper-V) and phone systems.
- 7+ years in a comparable role within the industry.
- Driver’s license valid for use in Ontario
- Attractive base pay plus options for overtime.
- Opportunities for growth within CopperTree’s technical team.
- Playing a key role in a growing organization.
- Central Waterloo location
CopperTree Solutions Inc. is a growing company and an equal opportunity employer. If you require any kind of special accommodation to apply for this role, please let us know. If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us, please contact us. Thank you.