Systems Analyst (Fire Services)
The Waterloo Regional Police Service is looking for an experienced IT professional to fill the role of Systems Analyst (Fire Services).
The candidate will provide client-focused business process and technology support expertise gained through a minimum of five years’ experience working in Business Applications – specifically systems and project solutions design, development and implementation. Additionally, the candidate will provide technical expertise and oversee the activities of project team members.
Specific accountabilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and prioritizes business needs, and identifies and recommends solutions to Police and Fire Services’ Leaders. Collaborates with management stakeholders and local agency administrators to provide quality, client-focused business process and technology support for all relevant business applications and related interfaces for fire applications.
- Coordinates current and future project plans, and oversees the installation of software upgrades and new products. Develops project plans and oversees activities of project team members.
- Administrates the implementation of Computer Aided Dispatch Application (CAD) for Fire Services in conjunction with partner support staff, and institutes quality control systems to ensure reliability of CAD.
- Assists in forecasting future equipment requirements, sets standards, and designs the necessary infrastructure required for the Business Applications, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), and Mobile Work Station (MWS) system.
- Researches administration policy and data access rules, analyzes current and future data requirements, and liaises with both inside and outside departments regarding data requirements.
- Provides significant functional, technical and operational expertise and assistance to Fire Departments, Cities, Townships, and PRIDE agencies.
- Obtains cost estimates, develops and implements prototypes, and assesses effectiveness of systems. Liaises with vendors to ensure adherence to schedules, guidelines and protocols.
- Reviews existing procedures, recommends modifications as required, and proposes new procedures to meet mandated requirements.
- Assists in the research, development, and delivery of applications training programs for Fire members including the orientation of new staff.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science;
- Five (5) years’ experience in system deployment and design of major systems using system development life cycles;
- Five (5) years’ experience in a direct project leadership role in Business Applications;
- Demonstrated ability to attain comprehensive knowledge of operational and administrative policies and procedures, and related provincial and federal legislation;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required to supervise projects and foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment;
- Strong critical and analytical thinking abilities to compile and interpret data, produce reports, and identify improvement opportunities;
- Experience preparing and conducting presentations to audiences of varied IT knowledge;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, 24/7 environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other IT business tools;
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License with no more than 6 demerit points;
- Ability to meet security clearance requirements.
For a full job description, please visit www.wrps.on.ca.
Why join the WRPS?
- Ongoing professional development
- Excellent benefits and pension
- Dynamic, exciting work environment
- Strong, supportive leadership
- Employee fitness and wellness programs
- Salary Range: $72,134–$84,863
Please submit a resume indicating the position you are applying for by September 25, 2017 at 3p.m. to:
Human Resources Branch Waterloo Regional Police Service
200 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario N3H 5M1
fax: (519) 650 8587 | email: email@example.com
phone: (519) 650 8506