Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen.
Aeryon sUAS set the standard for immediate aerial intelligence gathering. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
Aeryon Labs is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Java Developer to contribute to our Mission Control Software (MCS) and AeryonLive applications. MCS is a desktop application allows pilots to control our SkyRanger drone, and is focused on providing a compelling, clean, and efficient user experience while ensuring that the full functionality of the aircraft is accessible at the touch of a finger. AeryonLive is a web-based live telemetry and video platform that allows sUAS operators to see what their drones are doing from any device, anywhere in the world, with less than five seconds of latency.
As a Java Developer, you have extensive Java experience, with a focus on writing efficient, scalable, and maintainable code. In-depth knowledge of UI frameworks like Swing and React is an asset. Past experience developing RESTful web applications with well-known open source frameworks like Jersey, Dropwizard, Jackson, and Google Guice is a plus.
As a Java Developer you will:
- Design, architect, and implement RESTful web APIs, business logic, and user interfaces
- Be known for the ability to design with discipline, elegance and efficiency
- Develop prototypes to explore new ideas and work in iterative development cycles
- Apply test-driven development techniques to develop fast and memory efficient code to be run in desktop and server environments
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What You Bring
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 3 - 5 years’ experience delivering consumer or enterprise grade software for desktop and/or web platforms
- Expert in Java programming on Windows and Linux desktop environments
- Experience designing, implementing and consuming web services in REST and non-REST based protocols
- Writing maintainable, well designed high-quality code for software products
- Experience working in an Agile development model
- Knowledge and experience with securing TCP and UDP communications
- Experience with programming mobile applications (Android)
- Professional experience programming in C and/or C++ is considered a strong asset
- Experience and/or education on programming 3D Graphics APIs such as OpenGL
- Experience and/or education with video and image processing
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please email careers at aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726