Program Manager, Fierce Founders
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Communitech’s Fierce Founders and Women in Tech programs are shattering glass ceilings with bootcamps, accelerators and smart women who kick some serious ass. We offer a two-part, six-day bootcamp focused on customer validation, business fundamentals and pitch practice. This fast-paced program is open to passionate entrepreneurs with a tech or tech-based idea at a MVP or pre-MVP stage. The Fierce Founders Accelerator is a six-month structured program to help prepare companies for early customers, and build a scalable business strategy for fast growth.
We are seeking a self-directed, driven, organized and experienced Program Manager to help us to both manage and grow this extremely successful and important offering of Communitech’s Strategic Growth Team.
Reporting to the VP Marketing and Head of Advanced Programs, you will:
- Understand the needs of companies at this stage of life, and develop/modify the Fierce Founders programs and other Women in Tech programming continue to align to the needs of our clients and to the mission of Communitech.
- Manage the day to day relationships with the program growth coaches, community mentors, etc.
- Oversee the operation of the Fierce Founders programs, to ensure our companies have a great experience during the program and continue to achieve expected results during the program. This will include:
- Planning and scheduling the company onboarding process; bootcamp and accelerator;
- Working with the Fierce Founders companies to understand their businesses and challenges and ensure they have access to the support and information they need through the program;
- Managing regular review meetings with SGT leadership, mentors, and coaches;
- Managing the collection of weekly accountability metrics with each company;
- Implementing and managing tools for the companies and coaches to use for tracking, communication, and more;
- Planning demo days and other educational experiences for companies;
- Building and managing a resource portal for companies;
- Ensuring program requirements are clearly communicated throughout the program, and providing each company with a clear way to understand their status in the program, relevant dates, and expectations of results.
- Managing space requirements (ongoing desk space, meeting rooms, and co-working space) for companies in the Fierce Founders program;
- Assisting Fierce Founders companies with identifying other appropriate resources to leverage as needed throughout and after the program.
- Managing the collection of monthly or quarterly metrics after the program is completed.
- Act as a resource for other Communitech teams: ensure they have the info they need about Fierce Founders; and work with them to ensure that the Rev program has all the support it needs from each team.
- Assist with the process of identifying, vetting and selecting the companies for future cohorts
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of program management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of tech start-up experience - leadership experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills; able to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with strict attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize effectively with multiple projects impacting a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships with external clients and other 3rd parties.
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations; skilled at diplomatically handling conflict and working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent team-centric collaboration skills.
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by September 21st.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2wGhgCF
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.