Senior Software Developer (Test)
- Oracle / NetSuite
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Taleo ID: 17000VG1
- Job Function
- Software Development, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
ORACLE'S CORPORATION - Senior Software Engineer (Test)
Oracle Corporation recently acquired NetSuite, one the industry's leading provider of cloud-based business management software. Oracle/NetSuite helps companies manage core business processes with a single, fully integrated system covering ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce, inventory and more.
Oracle's NetSuite Test Engineering Team is looking for an exceptional Software Developer in Test at different levels. To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience coding automated tests in Java and a solid understand of SQL. An ideal candidate is someone who can focus on details but who also sees the larger picture; someone who sees complexity and can simplify it and organize it; someone who is willing to learn and teach new technologies and desires to stay on the leading edge of software development processes; and someone who strives to influence efficiency on behalf of their team and department. We desire to have Software Test Engineers that have a wide range of abilities and skills.
· Team with Product Management and Developers to brainstorm new features
· Design test case outlines for use in coding automated tests using Java/Junit
· Create and Run performance and scalability tests
· Analyze potential customer workflows and scenarios to prevent issues in the wild
· Create and monitor SDLC metrics on behalf of the Scrum team
· Participate in Global Working Groups to research and deploy leading edge test and development tools
· Perform peer code reviews to optimize test code execution
· Investigate and reproduce problems reported by customers
· B.S.in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
· Practical experience with Agile Scrum/Kanban team development.
· Experience using Jira to as an Agile tool
· Has worked with automated tools and testing frameworks to optimize test case execution
· Familiar with code coverage and continuous integration.
· Object oriented programming experience required, preferably Java.
· Experience writing SQL queries.
· Experience testing/developing Internet applications is an advantage.
· Familiarity with three–tiered applications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
· Self–motivated, capable of working independently when needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.