At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual environment that challenges you to deliver the best and most impactful experience to everyone you encounter. You care intensely about delivering results.
About the Position
Our customers include various major players in the media and entertainment industry and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video. We are looking for an R&D Engineer responsible for conducting research and development activities. This includes anything between solving short-term customer issues and requests to long-term research. Your primary responsibility will be to design/validate the algorithm and develop the application. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Work with R&D team members towards the algorithms and mathematical models for the products in pipeline
- Work with R&D team members to proactively discover/identify the potential issue of the product and find solutions
- Work with software team members to translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment closely with the executives – a rare learning opportunity.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy the sense of knowing that every single thing you do makes a difference globally.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of research and development experience in image/video/multimedia processing, video streaming, or computer vision
- Strong programming and algorithm implementation skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, operation systems, and software testing methodologies
- Skills of implementing automated algorithm and software testing platforms
- Be passionate about developing high quality, high efficiency, robust algorithms and software
- Familiar with video processing, coding and streaming algorithms, standards, libraries and platforms, such as FFMPEG, MPEG, AVC, HEVC, HLS and DASH
- Familiar with psychological features of the human perceptual systems
- Familiar with audio/image/video quality assessment methods
- Familiar with video acquisition and display workflows
- Familiar with video player system architectures and implementations
- Familiar with machine learning and deep learning technologies