At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual environment that challenges you to deliver the best and most impactful experience to everyone you encounter. You care intensely about delivering results.
- Perform detailed systems analysis, design, and implementation of a scalable, distributed, real-time video processing software product
- Work on a wide range of video players
- Design and build cross-platform components using the latest web technologies
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with an opportunity to lead a team of software developers and contribute to product design
- Have the opportunity to enjoy the sense of knowing that every single thing you do makes a difference globally
- Experience with web video (HTML5 and/or Flash)
- 5+ years experience in designing highly scalable web architectures and distributed systems for real-time data processing applications
- Have a deep understanding of video players and streaming protocols such as DASH, HLS and/or other streaming technologies
- Strong understanding of basic networking and protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS
- Understanding of cross-browser differences and JS performance tradeoffs
- Understanding of SQL and databases design/architecture
- Extensive experience in standard software development methodologies and network programming
- Highly experienced in multi-threaded and asynchronous environments
- Experienced in a Unix/Linux environment (CentOS preferred)
- Experience in real-time data processing and visualization for the web
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg and LAV
- Knowledge of video encoding, Ad networks, and content management platforms
- Familiar with Directshow filters and Qt framework
- Involvement of database development such as stored procedures, functions
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub
- Familiarity with unit testing concepts, best practices and development
- Experience with Unix, Linux
- Experience with scripting (e.g. shell/bash, Python, Perl)
- Debugging and analysis using GDB and profiling tools (e.g. gprof)
- Understanding of virtualization and containerization (e.g. kvm, VMware, VirtualBox, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts and services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)