GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
If you are ready to give your career a jump start in IT, consider this exciting opportunity at our Waterloo, ON office! We are currently looking for three (3) Junior IT Help Desk Technicians to join our Information Services team.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Responding to staff inquiries via phone calls, emails, and tickets and providing desk-side and remote support
• Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems
• Completing the build of PC's used by GHD staff
• Mobile device configuration with Microsoft Desktop products
• Maintaining inventory records of hardware and software allocations
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Requires a post-secondary education in IT-related Help Desk training, and minimum 1-year of experience.
• Requires a solid understanding of:
- Windows 7/10 desktop environment and networking in a global corporate environment
- Active Directory
- Ticketing systems and service desk escalations
- PC Imaging, and new hire training
- Mobile device configuration; Microsoft Desktop products
• Excellent Time Management and Organization Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Positive attitude along with solid communications skills
• Valid driver's license
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.