Marketing and Communications Specialist
FairVentures is the innovation initiative of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., with the mandate to research, develop, partner and invest in innovative solutions to support the Fairfax family of companies. We have our innovation and research Lab at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.
The FairVentures Lab team works with a variety of Fairfax companies, mainly in the property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, restaurant and retail industries to aid and inspire innovation. We are a team of design, technical, data and business professionals engaged in sustaining, efficiency and disruptive digital innovation initiatives. We’re diverse, passionate about our work, and love to have fun.
We’re looking for people that have a range of interests, that want to work with a team of product, data, design, technical and partnership experts. We’re looking for explorers, entrepreneurs, thinkers and creatives that want to do big things in their career. Take the opportunity to help create the future of a multi-billion dollar company operating across 5 continents.
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax's corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value. Fairfax was founded in 1985 by the present Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, V. Prem Watsa. The company has been under present management since 1985 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We encourage you to read our Guiding Principles at www.Fairfax.ca
For more information on Fairfax Financial Holdings please visit www.fairfax.ca
For more information on FairVentures please visit www.fairventures.ca
For more information on the Fairfax Co-op Program please visit http://co-op.fairfax.ca/
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Quick learners with a creative and analytical mindset.
- Detail-oriented and curiosity to help deliver inspiring, innovative and meaningful results.
- Motivated, team players who can own and drive assignments.
- Desire to learn new technologies, business models, methodologies and tools.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to explore the unknown.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate, create and disseminate communications – such as newsletters, progress reports, presentations to be shared with various stakeholders across Fairfax companies.
- Coordinate, create content and collect feedback from visitors to the Lab
- Write posts, share articles, moderate and grow our community of innovators across Fairfax companies
- Assist in the preparation, deployment, collation, and analysis of surveys.
- Use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics and continually find ways to improve those metrics through new and revised initiatives
- Produce compelling, valuable and insightful stories about innovation across Fairfax companies
- Assist in the preparation of reports, webinars and communications related to research & development projects within the Lab
- Plan, coordinate, design and deliver marketing materials for the Lab that will be displayed at events (such as the Annual General Meeting for Fairfax)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent English-language skills (spoken and written).
- Marketing, communications and/or project management experience
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of the Google Products (such as Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Photos)
- Ability to make presentations and establish business relationships.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Agile, Lean and/or Design Thinking methodologies is an asset.