Athena Software is seeking a Product Manager to make an immediate impact!
Athena makes Penelope, a case management software system for social service agencies and nonprofits around the world. We have hundreds of clients on five continents - we estimate that close to 20,000 people use Penelope every day, and that our clients help over 1 million people each year.
We are a group of 50, with employees located in Canada, California, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our product is a unique, flexible and comprehensive solution for social service agencies, and this spirit is also reflected in our company culture of collaboration, wellness, and commitment to community.
What You’ll Do
As Product Manager, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will assist in guiding Penelope and its related product modules/services through the respective product lifecycle stages, gathering and prioritizing, market, product and customer requirements, competitor analysis, and working closely with stakeholders to deliver an industry-leading product. You will also work cross-functionally to help ensure revenue, customer satisfaction and product profitability objectives are exceeded.
- In consultation with the CMO, assist in defining the product strategy, roadmap, and market segments to be entered.
- Capture, analyze, interpret and develop product tools and tactics to respond to product performance metrics in order to achieve product performance goals.
- Liaise with development and project management to develop and maintain product design and development schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and product roadmap business needs.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, marketing positioning, brand awareness and product partnership strategies.
- Identify issues proactively, and drive innovative solutions to fix them.
- Liaise with customers, sales teams, customer success and professional services to identify key business use cases and drive requirements and enhancements into the product development road map process.
- Liaise with sales and finance to define product pricing and product profitability
- Gather, analyze, and communicate competitive information to aide in defining evolution of existing product.
- Liaise with sales, customer success and professional services to drive and support internal product training, as well as support market facing needs to receive recurring training
This position is permanent, full-time, and located in our Waterloo, Ontario headquarters.
Who You Are
Energetic, motivated, experienced and results-oriented, you are a driven Product Manager with a minimum 5 years experience working intimately with an Enterprise product and the SaaS business model. With cutting edge skill in product management and marketing communications, you have cross-functional expertise in working with customer success, sales, product and software teams. Above all, you are passionate about delivering the highest quality product for stakeholders.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or equivalent with an MBA preferred (or possess equivalent experience).
- You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable when they miss deliverables.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for influencing without authority.
- You have a proven track record delivering complex projects on schedule.
- You have a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and project management skills.
- You have superb writing, content development, editing, and computer skills.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.