Application Developer (Co-op)
Jan Kelley Idea Incubator is a problem-solving powerhouse and prototype development hub within a full-service marketing and communications agency. It is a place where technology and creativity collide to deliver new products and services that solve our industry’s most pressing business problems.
We are seeking a highly creative Application Developer to join our team of innovation seekers and help change our company, our industry and our clients’ world. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you will fail fast and succeed even faster.
- Contributing your creativity and technical knowledge to the development of initial prototypes
- Developing front- and back-end, native and/or cross-platform applications for web and mobile
- Experimenting with sensors and processors to create smart connected devices and mobile applications
You should be:
- Able to work in a team, and play nicely with others.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision. You can figure stuff out through research, trial and error – unless you’re a super-genius and know everything already.
- Able to jump from one thing to another. The rules may change as we go. You may not know what you’ll be doing next week, but you will be doing something.
- Able to develop on any platform. It may be a mobile app, it may be a web app. See previous point.
- Able to read/write clean, well-documented code. You never know when you might spontaneously combust, and we’ll need someone to continue with your code!
Skills you should have:
- Experience developing web and mobile applications
- Understand RESTful APIs
- Understand authentication such as OAUTH2
- Experience with database technology
If you are interested in being part of the team at Jan Kelley Idea Incubator, submit your resume, cover letter and links to portfolios and/or samples of applications you have worked on. We do like to see developers who are working on personal projects outside of their educational curriculum… but we’ll look at the school stuff, too.