UI/UX Prototyping Internship
As a UI/UX Prototyping Specialist, you’ll be part of a young and agile team at GM’s 2908@Communitech Innovation Hub in the Tannery building in downtown Kitchener. With your team, you’ll explore new technologies, business models, and solutions for GM customers and develop rapid prototypes. Projects will range from mobile apps to hardware prototypes, and as the UX/UI design lead you’ll create the interfaces for smartphones, in-vehicle entertainment systems, and more.
We’re looking for passionate, motivated, hands-on students who are willing to immerse themselves in any and every type of development. You’ll have the opportunity to work on several projects during your term, with unmatched freedom and opportunity for learning. Our goal is to build a team that challenges convention and drives diversity of thought and cultural change across our corporation. Are you ready to lead the charge?
- Lead the UX/UI development of innovative concept designs.
- Participate in (and lead!) ideation and human-centered design workshops to generate ideas for new projects
- Contribute to the exploration and validation efforts: interviewing target users, testing prototypes, and gathering feedback
- Bring your positive attitude and willingness to experiment to the hub each day
- This is a paid internship that includes relocation benefits where applicable.
- Résumé and link to online portfolio (or PDF copies of work samples) are required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (eg. Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere)
- Familiarity with, or a strong willingness to learn various prototyping tools (eg. Sketch, Flinto, InVision, and Proto.io)
- Excellent attention to detail and an intuitive feel for good design
- Strong communication and collaboration skills