Test Automation Developer (Junior)
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges, and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the second year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Experienced in software development, and want to use all the tools at your disposal to test and analyze software applications? We’re looking for a skilled developer who’s eager to find application bugs by creating automated test frameworks and scripting test scenarios.
As Test Automation Developer and part of the QA Team, you’ll be instrumental in accelerating and improving the quality and delivery of OCAS products and services by researching, proposing, and piloting new ways to improve our products quality. Focusing on the design, development, and implementation of test code, you’ll create, own, and maintain OCAS' automated test suites to support continuous deployment for all our products and environments. You’ll also work with onsite and remote development teams to ensure quality throughout the development process by reviewing coding practices, participating in code reviews, and reviewing requirements from a unit test and QA perspective.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
You share OCAS’ core QA values:
- We can test anything put in front of us whether or not we have requirements for it: a prototype, a design, a flowchart, an idea, or even actual software
- All software systems inherently have bugs and problems to be found
- A passing test suite is very worrisome; it means we haven’t worked hard enough to find bugs yet
- Automated test systems are only a piece of a successful test plan
- Develop and maintain OCAS’ automated API, UI, performance, load, and unit test frameworks and test suites
- Create tools to support manual test activities, such as generating test data and users, configuring environments, and automating verification of test results
- Technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology or another related area
- Passion for software testing with demonstrated capability in either automated test development or a software development environment
- Understanding of shim, stub, mock, keyword, data driven, and page object model concepts as automated test design patterns
- Jmeter, or other performance testing scripting languages
- Development experience with C# and SQL
- Outstanding analytical skills
- A drive for continuous technical and process improvements
- Experience with Microsoft Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, JUnit, or another similar test framework
- Experience using Visual Studio Team Services/VSO/TFS, JIRA, Integrity, or other similar SDLC tool
Desired experience with:
- RESTful API testing
- Various testing strategies and methodologies, especially Session-Based Exploratory Testing
- Test scripting in Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, or Appium
- Any the following: Java, MS SQL Server, Bootstrap, XML, Angular, IBM Cognos 10.1
Position reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2017
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.