Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges, and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the second year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Interested in the testing field, with a blend of test and development skills? We’re looking for a career-long tester and bug hunter to join our team as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing and supporting the technology that helps over 200,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll be an integral member of our QA Team, relied on to accelerate and improve the quality and delivery of OCAS products and services within our agile software development team. You’ll also have the opportunity to shape and innovate new ways to improve product quality.
The primary quality advocate on your assigned projects, you’ll apply agile test methodologies, along with a precise, scientific approach to problem-solving. A self-starter, you’ll have the ability to influence the direction of our team and our products, and will be challenged to build upon OCAS’ recent test achievements – including the addition of Rapid Software Testing principles to our day-to-day work, integrating your tests into our custom Selenium test framework, and modelling our customer’s system usage to accurately load test our products.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
You share OCAS’ core QA values:
- We can test anything put in front of us whether or not we have requirements for it: a prototype, a design, a flowchart, an idea, or even actual software
- All software systems inherently have bugs and problems to be found
- A passing test suite is very worrisome; it means we haven’t worked hard enough to find bugs yet
- Automated test systems are only a piece of a successful test plan
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with team members, including testers, developers, and product managers, to build test plans and rigorously test product functionality to expose potential failures
- Create tests within OCAS’ test automation framework and develop new features for our framework
- Raise awareness about discovered issues and work collaboratively with members of other departments and vendors to develop solutions
- Use the most appropriate tool or skill you have to solve a given testing problem, or learn a new one
You should have:
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology or another similar discipline
- Experience in a Software QA / Testing role, responsible for a project’s primary QA tasks
- Demonstrated continuous learning and personal growth in the software testing field
- An ability to identify and implement technical process improvements throughout software development lifecycle
Desired experience with:
- Various testing strategies and methodologies, especially Session-Based Exploratory Testing
- Test scripting experience in Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, or Appium
- Jmeter, or other performance testing scripting languages
- Visual Studio Team Services/VSO/TFS, JIRA, or another similar SDLC tool
- Microsoft Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, or Junit, or another similar test framework
- Any of: C#, SQL, Java, XML, or Angular
Position reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2017
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.