Full-Stack Developer (Junior)
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the second year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic recent graduate to join our team as a Full-Stack Developer (Junior). If you’re looking to expand your knowledge and skills from backend development to the web client, this is your opportunity.
As Full-Stack Developer (Junior) at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing the technology that helps over 200,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll gain hands-on exposure across our technology stack, which uses .NET on the backend, feeding MVC and Angular frontend websites and rich web applications, and will be challenged to work at a level not typically offered to new graduates. Our software solutions are hosted in a variety of infrastructures, from private data centres to PaaS containers in the Azure public cloud.
A member of our innovative Technology Solutions team, you’ll work in a collaborative, supportive environment using the latest technologies, and will experience the benefits of joining an established company, including more stability and a strong work-life balance.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
- Design, code and unit test RESTful web services in C#
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Setup and maintain build, packaging and deployment to support Continuous Integration
- 1+ years of software development experience in .NET
- Hands-on experience developing RESTful web services
- Hands-on experience developing with a client-side SPA framework
- Exposure using ORM to access a datastore
- Able to quickly learn new software development concepts, patterns and platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent, determined, and driven to succeed
Position reports to: Manager, Technology Solutions
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2017
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.