UI/UX Designer Intern - TD Labs Incubator
Have you ever wondered how one of North America’s most successful companies approaches innovation? If so, join our lab-based, fast-paced, and passionate engineering team that ideates, builds, and tests innovative solutions that shape the future of digital banking. The TD Lab Incubator is an authentically lean and highly collaborative work environment where a progressive team is changing this bank one sprint at a time.
As a UI/UX designer intern in a role like no other, explore emerging technologies and be empowered to start/stop projects because of what the market tells you. You will work in a vast, open and collaborative workspace in the Waterloo Region’s Communitech Hub alongside other leaders of corporate innovation, Velocity Garage, and a host of start-ups.
Job responsibilities include:
● Conduct user research and interviews to help understand customer problems
● Develop storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas
● Execute UX and visual design requirements as part of a team
- ● Work closely with team leads and engineers to bring a solution to life
Key skills and assets include:
● Awareness of current design trends (e.g. Material Design, iOS Human Interface Guidelines)
● Mobile design experience (i.e. iOS, Android)
● Experience conducting user interviews and user research
● Knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Principle or Marvel
- ● Experience with Google Design Sprints
Consider showing us your portfolio or that one project that you are proud of and let us know what you specifically did to make it special for your persona. Maybe from a design or UX project, hackathon, or something you did just for fun!
● Weekly catered lunch from a variety of vendors (e.g. Pepi’s Pizza, Taco Farm, Frat Burger, Arabesque)
● Special treats throughout the week (i.e. seasonal and sensational)
● Monthly team events (e.g Bowling, Food festivals, Escape Rooms)
● Mid-term hack week (i.e. your group project to wow us with something novel)
● Latest MacBooks and mobile hardware
- ● Design your own swag (i.e. something you wear)
The Lab’s design mentors will guide you through our end-to-end concept design and development process. You will work on several projects throughout the term and be exposed to the latest that modern Design Thinking has to offer. You will have the opportunity to act like an intrapreneur, flex your creative muscles, bringing impactful ideas to life while taking on challenging design tasks.
If you are a self-starter, like to think outside the box, and are looking for a challenge - this job is for you!