About the job:
We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior ASP.NET MVC Developer to join our talented, well-established, client-centric IT team. The position will report directly to the Project Lead or Development Manager based at our Waterloo office.
You strive for client satisfaction through rapid delivery of high-quality software. You'd rather code automated solutions to save time and money instead of perform repetitive tasks. You thrive as an independent worker and are comfortable leading design, development, and unit testing projects from custom solutions to core product updates. Taking responsibility of assigned tasks and performing at a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency is second nature to you. You love sharing your proficient knowledge of products and processes within your team
As a well-rounded programmer, you participate in all Systems Development Life Cycle activities from research and analysis, through planning, design, development, quality assurance, installation, servicing, internal documentation and maintenance. You contribute to the continuous improvement of all work processes; identifying, reducing, and eliminating waste.
You enjoy working closely with other team members to ensure team success. You believe that the best way to stay ahead of the game is through continual learning and helping others to do the same.
What you'll do:
- Plan, analyze, design, develop and implement software development projects
- Create and design solutions to defined business problems, both manual and automated
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document programs primarily in C#
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Assist in the architecture of new systems
- Great problem solving skills, extensive experience debugging and evaluating existing code
- A positive attitude, flexibility, eagerness and the ability to learn
- Ability to take common tasks and automate them into time-saving processes
- Ability to work independently in a selfdirected manner or in a small team
- 2+ years of experience with multiple design patterns
- Strong object oriented design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of practical development experience
- 3+ years of product design
- 3+ years of practical .Net development experience (C# preferred)
- 3+ years of experience developing high availability Web applications (ASP.NET MVC required, ASP.NET Web Forms an asset)
We won't complain if you also:
- Have proven experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Have experience with UML design
- Have experience with responsive design and front-end development (HTML5, CSS3)
And more information about us:
eSolutionsGroup helps public sector clients across North America better connect with communities and deliver services more efficiently through award-winning design integrated with advanced web and mobile applications. 300+ clients. More than 75 marketing and technology awards in the past 24 months alone. It all adds up.