- Linux Systems Administrator (Network Operations Centre)
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
Linux Systems Administrator (Network Operations Centre)
The Linux Systems Administrator will work in our Network Operations Center (NOC), which provides 24/7/365 support for our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services. You will be involved with monitoring and resolving critical infrastructure events.
What you will be responsible for:
- Operate in a 24/7/365 environment to ensure that the network infrastructure is running effectively at all times, which includes continuous monitoring of all services, engaging the necessary resources, and ensuring that every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of a degradation or outage
- Solve issues as efficiently and as accurately as possible in a team-oriented professional culture
- Monitor and resolve customer issues, problem-solve, learn and create your own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively with the ability to work in a team environment
- Opening, tracking and closing incident tickets
- Using proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools
- Researching and evaluating new & emerging technologies and implementing strategies and plans to increase service reliability
- To meet/exceed and maintain service levels
- To meet/exceed expected reliability standards
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, certifications, and training
- 2+ years professional experience as a Linux Administrator
- 2+ year’s professional experience in a NOC or Enterprise environment involving a geographically distributed network
- Detail oriented and organizational awareness; have the ability to prioritize multiple objectives in order to meet compliance objectives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Flexibility to work non-standard (shift) work hours where applicable. **Days/Night Shift**
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive self-starter who can find and resolve issues
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols to perform network status checks as part of normal surveillance activities
- Ability to update technical documentation and document processes
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization
- Scripting experience in one or more languages (bash, perl, python)
- Experience with one or more monitoring platforms (SolarWinds, Nagios, Icinga)
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $5 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire, we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire, you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We are strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness, and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.