- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
As our Product Owner, you will be responsible for preparing and prioritizing user stories. You will have a finger in every pot, meeting with the client, translating requirements for our dev team, working with our QA team and a maintaining a close relationship with the project manager(s).
You will take your vision (based on client requirements, of course!) from a concept to launch. You will be our very first Product Owner and we don't expect you to be an expert in our clients or their industry. We do expect you to be a fast learner and take an avid interest in all facets of the business
This role is about balancing competing priorities. You have the ability to rise above the day to day details and remember that we are all on the same team with the same bigger picture goal: creating something awesome and keeping the client happy!
You are the perfect blend of leader, a visionary for your products, and a keen eye for detail.You can speak every language: client, tech, and timelines! You can as easily communicate business drivers with management, technical hiccups with our devs and scope with the project managers. You thrive on seeing products come to life.You love to dive in and research the competition for your product. You are able to get to know their business almost as closely as you know our own. You have a passion standing out in the market and know how to make it happen.
- Translate business requirements from stakeholders into functional requirements with development teams.
- Communicate your vision to the UX/UI and development teams.
- Assist in defining product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the development team to remove any business roadblocks.
- Understanding our client's competition landscape and staying up to date on market trends.
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Owner role.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong math background
- Atlassian suite experience is considered an asset.
- Keen eye for User experience.
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Technical or coding background.
The GBL Community:
Our team is composed of dedicated professionals, but we're also made up of energetic young people who enjoy quirky hobbies, activities, sports, and lives outside of the office. Here are some things we've done in the past:
- A visit from a few cute and cuddly therapy dogs
- Mario Kart and Foosball tournaments
- Ax throwing!
- Monthly visits to the Canadian Blood Services Clinic
- Volunteering at the Hacienda community garden
Why join us?
- Casual work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Well stocked coffee cupboard, and beer fridge
- Foosball, PS4 and WiiU!
- Awesome office space
- GRSP matching program.
- We offer an environment where you can have fun and truly be part of the team.