Full Stack Developer
At Focus21 Inc. we build online experiences with purpose, no BS! We’re looking for creative, intelligent and resourceful individuals to join our growing development team.
From re-engineering old IT to building fresh agile software, we specialize in partnering with science and technology based organizations to develop first-of-its-kind information solutions by strategically applying 21st century thinking. We use our collective domain expertise to help our clients make sense of complex data. (http://focus21.io/).
Our Stack: http://stackshare.io/focus21-inc/focus21-inc
We have no preference with what environment you choose to use (Linux, OSX, Windows)
You’ll get an OSX environment by default to all developers. Focus 21 does not prescribe what IDE/Editor you have to work in, we allow you to choose the tools you prefer in getting your best work done.
Location: We get our best work done together in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidates can join us on site at Communitech Hub in Kitchener, Ontario.
Other important stuff you can expect from us:
- Continued learning, experienced mentors
- Benefits (Health, Dental, etc..) package
- Team lunches and special events
- Open, no cubicle environment
What kinds of projects we want you to work on:
- Delivering large scale, cloud based systems
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Collaborating with other disciplines to help develop field specific applications, including medical, urban planning, and more
- Front end solutions and educate about relevant skills
- A passion for learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Opportunities to learn full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
What you bring to the projects:
- An understanding of front end design and how it impacts user experience
- Development: 2 years
It would be nice if you also bring any of these:
- Understanding of functional programming
- CSS - BEM
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc..)
- Popular frameworks like AngularJS, ember.js, etc..
- Amazon Web Services or experience with another cloud provider
- Strong communication skills
- Involvement in development communities, meetups, blogging, etc.