UI Tester/Test Automation Developer
Position: UI Tester/Test Automation Developer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2+ Years relevant experience
Education: Undergraduate Degree (SE, CS or equivalent)
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We’re building a new user interface to command and visualize our autonomous service robots within our indoor cities. You’ll be helping build and test the UI that helps users understand what the robots are doing and provides them with an environment where they can learn and gain insights on how to improve the operation of their facilities, regardless whether they have one robot or fleets of robots. We're looking for a UI Tester / Test Developer to help us define and realize a brand new future in human-robot interaction.
You will be responsible for significant portions of the user interfaces proper operation. You will work with our product and engineering teams from initial concept development through to deployed solutions to validate and test it in all stages of development. You will work closely with the rest of the Clearpath team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions that are scalable and extensible into the future.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Lead hands-on efforts to test and identify issues, and contribute minor corrections where possible
- Design and implement and expand test automation to validate all parts of the customer-facing Web interfaces products
- Participating in team-wide code and architecture reviews to drive new test requirements and efforts
- Collaborate on new feature validation, both independently and in conjunction with Product, UX and Engineering teams.
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
You demand software is both reliable and engaging, bringing all that is new from web technology into everyday applications. You will not accept anything but perfection. You chase problems, find new issues and won’t rest until you know the product is polished and ready to face its customers. You aren’t satisfied until you’ve found ways to automate your own efforts, so you can find even more challenges to chase elsewhere. Machines do your bidding.
- Experience testing and/or validating software, including user interface driven applications
- Writing unit tests or other test fixture automation
- Developing written test plan procedures or other verification documents used to assert compliance
- Experience working with Web based test or validation frameworks, like Selenium or others
- Experience programming in Python or similar Object Oriented languages
- Experience working within Ticketing and content management systems (JIRA, Confluence or similar)
Bonus points for:
- Experience using test campaign software or suites (such as HP Quality Test Center etc)
- Validation experience with REST and/or WebSocket based applications or API’s
- Experience working within Agile or Scrum based team workflows
- Hands on experience with Database driven web applications
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.