Digital Content Manager
The digital content manager role at Perk Canada is responsible for content and SEO strategy for the company’s brands and overseeing the execution of that strategy. With editorial websites in the health, travel, automotive and esports spaces, Perk Canada is looking for someone who has experience working with a range of content types and can easily switch focus between projects.
Reporting to the COO, this role requires you to work closely with our product and marketing teams to ensure our content is meeting all stakeholders’ expectations, while keeping its audience top of mind. The role has four direct reports — two in-house and two freelancers — so management experience is a must, as is enthusiasm for all things content and SEO.
As the leader of the content team you’ll be responsible for overseeing all written, video, and visual content creation and publication across our many properties, and making sure all content and SEO work is up to standard.
- Develop content and SEO strategies for Perk Canada’s editorial websites
- Manage a team of two in-house, full-time content specialists and two freelance, part-time content specialists
- Work closely with product and marketing teams
- Oversee the tracking of organic search traffic against our goals and decide on adjustments to content and strategy accordingly
- Track and report on company content spend, making sure costs on each site are in line with profit
- Curate and write for the Perk Canada blog
We are looking for someone who has superior written communication skills, can handle multiple projects simultaneously, and has successfully managed a brand’s editorial content strategy and search engine optimization. If you get excited about content audits, search data, and spreadsheets of keywords, we want to hear from you!
- University degree or college diploma in communications, journalism, English, marketing, or a related field
- 3–5 years’ experience managing content and developing/executing content strategies and 1-2 years’ experience managing people
- In depth knowledge and understanding of search engine optimization practices
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization
NICE TO HAVES
Stand out from the crowd with these extras.
- Google Analytics certification
- Graphic design skillset
- Experience working with freelancers
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Project management experience
ABOUT PERK CANADA
Perk.com Canada Inc. is a digital media publishing company located in Waterloo, ON that owns and operates advertising-supported editorial websites in various categories, including health, automotive, travel, and esports. We develop large, targeted audiences across a range of channels, and deliver them relevant, authentic, engaging content created by experts in the space.
Our office is located in Uptown Waterloo’s Bauer Marketplace, above the legendary Vincenzo’s supermarket and just steps away from the new Allen Street LRT stop. Perk Canada is a subsidiary of RyhthmOne PLC which is traded on the London Stock Exchange (LON:RTHM) and is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
We offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, weekly catered lunches, subsidized fitness programs and career advancement opportunities. Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Our open concept office space features a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water, chocolate milk and energy drinks. We offer cool perks such as various team activities, old school video games, foosball, and more.
Learn more at https://perkcanada.com
150 Caroline St. S. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada Inc. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perk.com Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.